Monday, April 9, 2012

an introduction of sorts

Greetings, reader. No, wait, that didn't sound right. Way too formal. Ahem. What's up? No, that's too casual. Howdy, partner!

Oh God, this is deteriorating quickly. 

Okay, well, let's just leave it at hello. I promise to quit testing the water and jump right into the important stuff. My name's Taylor Webb. This blog is basically an outlet for me to develop my opinions on different things (something I do best when writing them down) and to talk about writing (yes, I am one of Those People who creates a blog about writing, like I have something New and Ingenious to say). Also I just want to generally go on tangents about whatever comes to mind. Oh, and also I'll be doing book reviews of stuff I read.

You're riveted already, I know.

So, anyway,  just to clear up a few things:
  • Yes, the title of this blog does stem from an episode of Doctor Who. If you knew that, you're a pretty cool fellow. Or, umm, fellowess? Fellowatrix? For some reason, the word "fellow" just seems male-centric to me. Anyway, back on-step...
  • Yes, this blog will rant and rage about subjects that may offend some people (read: the Republican party). This will not prevent me from ranting and/or raging about them (read: the aforementioned political entity). 
  • Yes, I will probably use a lot of parentheses. (Bet you haven't noticed.) Theoretically speaking, this could also offend you--if so, refer to bullet point #2 for relevant information.
And I think that's it. I don't actually have all that much to say for this first post. I just wanted to fill the vacuous "There are no posts yet" box on the home page, and thus I have schemed to whittle away your precious free time by distracting you with this crenelated wall of text! Haha! 

I won't apologize. It was mocking me.

So, my first blog post now fulfilled, I shall retire. Good night, reader. Good night, blog. (Is it weird to discourse with my blog? It probably is. It also probably won't stop me.)

Off and out.

Taylor Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment